NetBSD-SoC: TCP ECN support
What is it?
ECN stands for Explicit Congestion Notification and is another TCP
congestion control algorithm to make your delay-sensitive low-traffic
It works by marking packets (the router) when a congestion is about to
occur. Before congestion occurs the sender has the chance to reduce the
transmission window, thus avoiding dropped packets.
- Handshake done (on a SYN or SYN-ACK rexmt ECN is disabled on a per
tcpcb basis). Number of rexmt's before bailing out to non-ECN is configurable
- Setting ECT codepoint: done. Will use draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-00.txt.
- Handling CE codepoints: done
- 2006-05-23: Google publishes accepted/rejected projects. Go!
- 2006-06-26: Google solicits mid-program mentor evaluations of student progress
- 2006-06-30: All mid-program evaluations of student progress due by 17.00 Pacific Standard Time
- 2006-08-20: Start the work on the project. I expect to be beer full.
- 2006-08-21: All student projects due by 08.00 Pacific Standard Time
- 2006-09-05: All mentor and student evaluations due by 08.00 Pacific Standard Time
Code and some docs on what ECN is and what it does.
Mandatory (must-have) components:
| Rui Paulo <firstname.lastname@example.org> |
| $Id: index.html,v 1.7 2006/08/18 16:05:20 goteki Exp $ |